Creating Mailing Lists is similar to addressing messages. First, you enter a new
list name (ID) with which to identify the list in the future. Then, you enter either the
extension number, name, or alias for each subscriber you want on the list. You
can use names, extension numbers, aliases, and other lists as addresses within
the same list.
Avaya Business Phone Systems
Avaya Business Partner
You can designate your list as either private or public. A private list can be
accessed and used only by the creator of the list, while a public list can be
accessed and used by other DEFINITY AUDIX subscribers who know the list ID
and are on the same DEFINITY AUDIX system. Regardless of whether the list is
public or private, however, only the creator of a list can modify or delete it.
To create a Mailing List, do the following:
- Log into the DEFINITY AUDIX system,.
- Press  to select Personal Options Administration.
- Press  to select the List Administration activity.
- Press  to create a Mailing List.
- Enter a list ID of up to six letters (or digits) for your list. For example, enter
DEPT (3378 ) for a list of your department members.
- Press [#] to signal that you have entered the list ID.
- Press  if you want your list to be private, or press  if you want to make
your list public.
- Enter the extension number, name, or alias of an individual recipient on
your list. The following options are available when adding entries to a list:
- To switch back and forth between extension and name addressing,
- If you want to enter another list as an address, follow steps 3
through 6 under Using a Mailing List to Address a Message found
later in this section.
If you create a Mailing List by “reading-in” another list, your
new list does not remain coupled to the old list. Any changes
made to the old list after you have created your new list will
not be reflected in your new list.
- Press [#] to signal that you have entered the address.
- Repeat steps 8 and 9 until your Mailing List is complete (you can have as
many as 250 recipients on your list).
- Press [#] to tell the system that you have finished creating the list.
- Take one of the following actions, according to your needs:
-To create another list, repeat steps 5 through 11.
-To return to the Activity Menu, press [*][R].
-To transfer out of the DEFINITY AUDIX system, press [*][T].
Creating a Mailing List
Avaya Partner Phone System |Phone Equipment