A Voice Mailbox is a storage area on disk where voice mail
messages are created and stored (the outgoing section of
the mailbox), and where voice mail messages from other
subscribers and call answer messages are received and
accessed (the incoming section of the mailbox).
Messages and headers stored in
a subscriber’s Voice Mailbox automatically
expire after an interval
set by the system administrator.
Personal greetings (used for Call Answer and Automated Attendant
menus) are also stored in subscribers’
Voice Mailboxes. There
is no expiration time limit for personal
Mailing Lists are also stored in
subscribers’ Voice Mailboxes.
There is no expiration time limit for
Business Phone System
If a subscriber is low on storage
space in his/her Voice Mailbox, a
warning message is given when
the subscriber logs in to the system.
The Voice Mailbox feature has many applications. A voice mailbox is not only
used to create and deliver voice mail messages to other subscribers, but it can also store messages (and other information) as shown in the following list.
- Attendant Menu: This is a menu voiced by the system that provides callers
with options for call transfers (no expiration).
- Bulletin Board: Where messages are posted so that any caller can access
them (no expiration).
- File Cabinet: Where messages are saved (for reference) by subscribers in
the outgoing section of their mailboxes (expiration is set by system
administrator under outgoing mailbox).
- Incoming Mailbox: Where new messages are received by subscribers and
saved messages are stored.
- Mailing Lists: These are addresses of regular DEFINITY AUDIX
subscribers (no expiration).
- Personal Greetings: These are personal messages used for the Call
Answer feature (no expiration).
- Undelivered Messages: These are messages scheduled for delivery but
not yet sent.
- Nondeliverable Messages: These are messages that could not be
Partner Phone System |Phone Equipment