Avaya IP406 R2 Office Platform
The Avaya IP Office platform is the ultimate in converged voice and data technology. IP Office brings a combination of voice and data applications formerly reserved for only the largest corporations. Cutting edge customer service with easy to use tools is now available to the smallest of businesses.
IP Office has a full range of communications tools that have been integrated into this cost effective platform. Remote LAN access, Computer Telephony Integration , customer relationship management, high-speed internet access and voicemail are just a few of the communications needs of the small to medium enterprise delivered by Avaya's IP Office family.
The IP406 V2 Office can be ordered in four trunk configurations Quad BRI, single/dual PRI (T1), single/dual PRI (E1) and 4 x Analog (loop start) trunks. A spare expansion slot is available to add an additional trunk card (Analog, BRI or PRI).
Optional internal upgrades allow for the support of up 12 x V.90 modem calls and a 5, 10, 20 or 30-channel Voice Compression Module (VCM). The VCM module supports 5, 10, 20 or 30 simultaneous Voice over IP sessions. These can be used for either providing networking between sites over a Wide Area Network or supporting IP Telephones and Soft phones. An IP extension only uses the compression module whilst on a call to a non-IP extension/line. Hence, it is possible to support more extensions than the capacity of the VCM.
Through support of up to six external Expansion Modules, IP406 V2 can be enhanced to support a mixture of Analog, Digital or IP Handsets to maximum of 190.
The IP406 V2 Office is the new 406 hardware. The IP406 V2 Office base unit is 19" rack mountable. and supports as standard.
- Eight Digital Station (DS) ports for 24xx, 44xx, 54xx and 64xx Series phones (plus 3810 and 9040).
- Two Analog telephone ports.
- Eight 10/100 Mbps LAN Switched ports (layer-2).
- Support for optional embedded voicemail/auto-attendant (Compact Flash card)
- 9-pin DTE Port (for maintenance or serial dongle connection for PC-less licensing).
- Support for 6 Expansion Modules.
- Two relay switch port for door entry systems (Ext O/P socket).
- Audio port for external music on hold source.
- 40 Data channels (Maximum 20 useable for Voicemail Pro).
Note: A data channel is used whenever a call is made from the IP network to an exchange line (Central Office). For example, four people surfing the Internet will use a single data channel since they all share the same line to the ISP. Two people remotely accessing the Office LAN from home will use two data channels since they have dialed in on separate lines. IP extensions do not use data.