IP Office Troubleshooting
Delay Between Incoming Analog Line Ringing and Call Presented to Extensions
Incoming analog line rings several times before the call is presented to the extension. In other words, the caller hears several rings before the actual extension being contacted begins ringing.
If the analog trunk is configured to wait for caller ID (CLI/ICLID) information from the Central Office/ Network Provider but the Central Office/ Network Provider is not providing CLI/ICLID information, then there will be a delay between the time the line/trunk rings and the call being presented to the extensions.
I. It is good practice to confirm that the settings with Manager for the analog trunk/line is consistent with the trunk type provided by the Central Office/ Network Provider. At the same time, if the Central Office/ Network Provider is not providing CLI/ICLID information, the Trunk Type is set to Loop Start.
To look at and update the settings within Manager:
1. Log onto Manager and open the IP Office configuration.
2. From the Configuration Tree, click Line and double-click the trunk in question.
• Check that the following configurations within the Analog tab match those provided by the Central Office/ Network Provider:
• If the Trunk Type is set to Loop Start ICLID, set it to Loop Start so that the analog trunk/line will not wait for CLI/ICLID information.
3. Click OK.
4. If any updates have been made and needs to be saved, click and accept the selected reboot mode by clicking OK.
II. If the problem persists after you have performed ALL these troubleshooting steps, gather the following information BEFORE escalating the issue:
• A copy of the IP Office configuration will be useful before escalating to your support organization.
• The username and password of the configuration must be provided to your support organization for testing purposes.
• Any trace codes or log files generated by the System Monitor application (if available).
• Notes relating to the result of each of the verification steps performed above.
• The customer's network diagram (if applicable).
Verify that incoming calls ring extensions without delay. \