IP Office Troubleshooting
Message Waiting Lights Not Displayed When Message is Left for a Hunt Group
Message waiting light is not displayed when a message is left on a Hunt Group's mailbox.
Hunt Group message waiting light is configured for each user individually and will only display when that Hunt Group is configured within the user's source number settings. Specific instructions are outlined below.
I. Each Hunt Group member must be individually configured to receive message waiting indication for Hunt Group messages.
1. Log onto Manager and open the IP Office configuration.
2. From the Configuration Tree, select User and double-click the user for whom you want to configure message waiting indication for Hunt Group messages.
3. On the SourceNumbers tab, there needs to be source number in the form of an H followed by a Huntgroup name, i.e. HSales, where Sales is the name of a Huntgroup. With this configuration setting, the user in question will receive message waiting indication when a message is left in the Sales Hunt Group's mailbox.
• If no such source number is configured for the user, create one for the Hunt Group in which the user wants message waiting indication for by doing the following:
i. Right-click within the SourceNumbers window and select Add.
ii. In the Telephone Number field, enter H followed by the name of the hunt group, i.e. HSales.
4. Steps 2 & 3 must be repeated for each user requiring message waiting indication for Hunt Group messages.
5. If any configuration changes have been made, click OK and then to save the changes.
II. If the problem persists after you have performed ALL these troubleshooting steps, gather the following information BEFORE escalating the issue:
• A copy of the IP Office configuration will be useful before escalating to your support organization.
• The username and password of the configuration must be provided to your support organization for testing purposes.
• Any trace codes or log files generated by the System Monitor application (if available).
• Notes relating to the result of each of the verification steps performed above.
• The customer's network diagram (if applicable).
Leave a message on the Hunt Group's mailbox and verify that the users in question receive messagating indication.