IP Office Troubleshooting
SCN Users Can Not Contact Hunt Groups at Other Sites
Users in a Small Community Network (SCN) can not contact Hunt Groups at the remote IP Office sites.
I. Check that user to user calls between remote IP Office sites can be made to verify VoIP dialing and trunks are working properly.
II. Verify that the remote IP Office site experiencing the problem have short codes configured for the correct IP trunk line numbers with the Hunt Group directory number or prefix included in the Short Code dial string. For example, if Site A has Hunt Group extensions 301, 302 and 303 and an IP trunk with Line Group 10 connecting to Site B in which all calls between the two sites are to be routed, then Site B should have a short code with the following configuration in order to contact those Hunt Groups:
• Short Code: 3N
• Telephone Number: 3N
• Line Group ID: 10
• Feature: Dial
With the above short code example, users at Site B can contact all Hunt Groups at Site A with extension numbers starting with 3.
III. Check that there are no duplicate User or Hunt Group extension numbers on and across any of the remote IP Office sites. Duplicate extension numbers cause routing confusion among the networked IP Office sites and should be avoided.
To view the list of extensions on an IP Office system:
1. Log onto Manager and open the IP Office configuration.
2. From the Configuration Tree, select Extensions. The list of extensions are displayed on the right hand side of the Manager window.
3. Check this list against the extension list on all IP Office systems on the network.
IV. If the problem persists after you have performed ALL these troubleshooting steps, gather the following information BEFORE escalating the issue:
• A copy of the IP Office configuration will be useful before escalating to your support organization.
• The username and password of the configuration must be provided to your support organization for testing purposes.
• Any trace codes or log files generated by the System Monitor application (if available).
• Notes relating to the result of each of the verification steps performed above.
• The customer's network diagram (if applicable).
Verify that users can dial the Hunt Groups in question.