IP Office Troubleshooting
Newly Added Licenses Show Invalid or Unknown
New licenses added show invalid or unknown.
License keys are unique and tied to the serial number of the Feature Key (also known as a license key or dongle) plugged into a Feature Key Server PC on the network. The address of the Feature Key Server PC (also known as License Key Server) is set through the System form. If the customer is running the IP Office - Small Office Edition or the IP Office 412, a serial license key can also be plugged directly into
these control units.
New and altered license keys are not validated against the Server PC's Feature Key until after a Control Unit reboot. Following a Feature Key Server PC reboot, it will only communication with the first IP Office Control Unit that contacts it. The most common cause for this issue is that the wrong license key number was entered. The EXACT license key number must be entered. Because of certain ambiguities, such as the difference between the letter O and the number 0, it is highly recommended that license key number is copied from its original form and pasted into proper field within Manager.
I. Check the license keys against those on the Excel spreadsheet key generator provided a the time of license purchase.
1. Log onto Manager and open the IP Office configuration.
2. From the Configuration Tree, select License and double-click the license key in question.
3. A License window opens with the license string that was entered for the particular application/feature. Check this license string against the one on the Excel spreadsheet. The two license strings need to match exactly.
4. If there is any doubt that the license string in Manager is incorrect, copy the license string from the Excel spreadsheet and paste it into the License String field on Manager.
5. Click OK.
6. Click and accept the selected reboot mode by clicking OK. New and altered license keys are not validated against the Server PC's Feature Key until after an IP Office Control Unit reboot.
II. Follow resolution procedures in Existing Licenses are Invalid Upon Opening or Merging System Configuration.
III. If the problem persists after you have performed ALL these troubleshooting steps, gather the following information BEFORE escalating the issue:
• A copy of the IP Office configuration will be useful before escalating to your support organization.
• The username and password of the configuration must be provided to your support organization for testing purposes.
• Any trace codes or log files generated by the System Monitor application (if available).
• Notes relating to the result of each of the verification steps performed above.
• The customer's network diagram (if applicable).
After the reboot, open the license configuration form again and check for valid licenses.