IP Office Troubleshooting
Control or Expansion Units Rebooting Constantly
The main IP Office control unit or expansion modules are rebooting constantly.
The following troubleshooting steps can be applied to both the control unit and expansion module.
I. Check for power supply failures or a faulty power brick by plugging a multi-meter instrument onto the power supply.
II. For the control unit or expansion module in question, disconnect the power supply for 30 seconds and then reconnect it. This action will eliminate any residual power that may remain on the control unit or expansion module.
III. Replace Power Supply Unit as precaution to the unit rebooting.
The following troubleshooting steps will verify problems on the expansion module.
I. If the expansion module is not connected properly to the IP Office control unit, this can cause the module to reboot. Therefore, it is a good idea to check that the TDM cable (blue cable) connecting the expansion module to the control unit is connected properly and working. To
confirm the connection, check that the LED lamp on the front of the expansion unit is lit.
II. To rule out faulty hardware as the cause, try the expansion module in question in another expansion slot (if a free one is available) by doing the following:
1. With one end of the TDM (blue) cable plugged into the expansion slot of the expansion module, unplug the other end of the cable from its existing expansion slot on the control unit and plug it into another slot.
2. If the module stops rebooting, then it most likely means the faultiness lies with the expansion slot rather than the expansion module itself.
III. If the problem persists after you have performed ALL these troubleshooting steps, gather the following information BEFORE escalating the issue:
• A copy of the IP Office configuration will be useful before escalating to your support organization.
• The username and password of the configuration must be provided to your support organization for testing purposes.
• Any trace codes or log files generated by the System Monitor application (if available).
• Notes relating to the result of each of the verification steps performed above.
• The customer's network diagram (if applicable).
The main IP Office control unit or expansion modules stop rebooting and the system is functioning as expected.