IP Office Troubleshooting
Calls Clearing Down Without Audible or Visual Evidence of Dialing
When an internal or external call is made from either a telephone handset or an IP Office application/soft-phone, the call clears down without audible or visual evidence of dialing.
When Off Hook Operation/Station is enabled and a user initiates a call, if the other extension is busy or the line/trunk is not available, the call is cleared down immediately without audible (busy tone) or visual (on a soft phone) evidence. This feature is useful for call center agents because it eliminates the need to clear down a busy call or unavailable line before being allowed to make another call. This saves time
and effort for the agent.
I. If this is not the desired operation for a particular user, the Off Hook Operation/Station function can be disabled via Manager or Phone Manager (Lite or Pro).
To change the setting via Manager:
1. Log onto Manager and open the IP Office configuration.
2. From the Configuration Tree, click User and double-click the user in question.
3. On the Telephony tab, make sure the Off Hook Operation/Station is disabled/unchecked.
4. Click OK.
5. Repeat the above steps for all users in question.
6. If any updates have been made and needs to be saved, click and accept the selected reboot mode by clicking OK.
To change the setting via Phone Manager:
1. Have the user open Phone Manager and log on.
2. Click the or select Configure|Preferences to open the Configure Preferences window.
3. On the Telephone tab, make sure the Off Hook Operation/Station is disabled/unchecked.
Note: Off Hook operation is always on if user is set to use iPhone Manager Pro
4. Click OK.
5. Have all other users in question perform the same tasks.
II. If the problem persists after you have performed ALL these troubleshooting steps, gather the following information BEFORE escalating the issue:
• A copy of the IP Office configuration will be useful before escalating to your support organization.
• The username and password of the configuration must be provided to your support organization for testing purposes.
• Any trace codes or log files generated by the System Monitor application (if available).
• Notes relating to the result of each of the verification steps performed above.
• The customer's network diagram (if applicable).
Have the users in question make a call and verify that the call is not clearing down on its own.