IP Office Troubleshooting
Analog Trunk Lines Remain Connected
Analog trunk lines remain connected after the call has ended.
Analog lines will clear after a call ends if disconnect clear is configured with the Central Office/Network Provider and is also configured for the analog line within Manager. Additionally, if the call routing on a voicemail action does not have a disconnect defined, this may also cause the line to remain open.
I. Check for Disconnect Clear.
1. Disconnect the IP Office
2. Pug your test butt in (such as a Ziad)
3. Place a call to the line.
4. Clear the call from the calling end.
5. If you have two clicks close together. This will indicate the network removing & reinstating loop current.
II. Via Manager, check the setting for the analog trunk.
1. Log onto Manager and open the IP Office configuration.
2. From the Configuration Tree, select Line and double-click the analog trunk in question.
3. On the Analog tab:
i. Check that the Disconnect Clear check box is checked. Disconnect clear is a technique used to signal to the IP Office from the carrier/exchange that the call should clear. We recommend leaving this checked to make use of the disconnect clear function. Note: not all providers support the disconnect clear function.
ii. Check the Disconnect Clear Timer. The default value is 500ms. If this default value needs to be changed, check with Central Office/Network Provider. Keep in mind that the detection time must be less than the actual disconnect time period and the value entered must be the desired time minus the internally defined 150ms de-glitch time period. For example, the Central Office/Network Provider may give you the value of 750ms, but consider the actual disconnect time period minus the de-glitch time and the value to be entered will be less than 750ms.
4. Click OK.
5. If any configuration changes have been made and needs to be saved, click and accept the selected reboot mode by clicking OK.
III. Via Voicemail Pro, check the call routing for the voicemail action.
1. Log onto Voicemail Pro.
2. For the call flow, check that a Disconnect action has not been added to the end of the call flow. As sample call flow is provided below.
3. To add a Disconnect action to a call flow:
i. Open the call flow in question.
ii. Click within the call flow window.
iii. Click and select Disconnect.
iv. Click within the call flow window. This places the action into the call flow.
v. Click to connect the Disconnect action to the appropriate action.
6. Save the configuration change by clicking .
IV. If the problem persists after you have performed ALL these troubleshooting steps, gather the following information BEFORE escalating the issue:
• A copy of the IP Office configuration will be useful before escalating to your support organization.
• The username and password of the configuration must be provided to your support organization for testing purposes.
• Any trace codes or log files generated by the System Monitor application (if available).
• Notes relating to the result of each of the verification steps performed above.
• The customer's network diagram (if applicable).
The analog trunk clears at the end of a call.