IP Office Troubleshooting
Calls Over IP Trunk Disconnect Without Busy Tone
Calls over IP trunk to a remote IP Office site (Small Community Networking) disconnect without busy tone.
VCM resources is only required when there is a non-IP device at one end of the IP call.
I. IP Office software version 2.0 and older will not return a busy tone when all VCM resources are in use. If the customer has IP Office software version 2.0 or older, it is highly recommended that the site is upgraded to the latest software release. See the System Upgrade section for upgrading procedures.
WARNING: If upgrading an IP Office 403 from a version older than 2.0 to one that is 2.0 or newer, you MUST follow the instructions closely to ensure a successful upgrade. For USA/CALA refer to IP Office Technical Bulletin 16 - General Availability of IP Office 2.0 software. For EMEA/APAC refer to IP Office Technical Bulletin 18 - General Availability of IP Office 2.0 software.
II. Via the System Monitor software, check the amount of VCM channels on the IP Office. Each time the System Monitor is started up, the number of VCM channels is displayed.
To use the System Monitor application:
1. On the PC running Manager, click the Windows Start icon and select Programs|IP Office|Monitor.
2. About a second after it starts up, click to pause the trace information. Look for the VCOMP information within the following string of information:
From the trace information above, VCOMP=5, it means there are 5 VCM channels on the IP Office system.
III. If the problem persists after you have performed ALL these troubleshooting steps, gather the following information BEFORE escalating the issue:
• A copy of the IP Office configuration will be useful before escalating to your support organization.
• The username and password of the configuration must be provided to your support organization for testing purposes.
• Any trace codes or log files generated by the System Monitor application (if available).
• Notes relating to the result of each of the verification steps performed above.
• The customer's network diagram (if applicable).