IP Office Troubleshooting
Voicemail Messages have Broken Gaps on Playback Issue
Users experiencing broken gaps in the voice stream when they play back their voicemail messages.
I. Check that the network cabling between the PC running Voicemail and the IP Office is secure and active (the LAN port with the cable plugged in should be lit with intermittent blinking).
II. If the PC running Voicemail is directly connected to an IP Office 403 or 406 system, check that the Network Interface Card (NIC) is set to 100megabit and half duplex. This step is necessary because the IP Office 403 and 406 systems only support half duplex.
To check/update the information for the NIC on the PC running voicemail:
1. On the PC running Voicemail, right-click My Computer and select Manage.
2. Click Device Manager. A list of devices recognized by the PC are listed on the right-hand side of the computer management window.
3. Expand the Network Adapters option.
4. Right-click the NIC and select Properties.
5. A configuration window for the NIC is displayed. On the Advanced tab and within the Property heading, select Network Media or Network Link (title varies depending on the specific NIC).
6. Within the Value drop-down box, select 100BaseTx, which means a selection of 100megabit and half duplex.
7. Click OK.
III. If the above procedure applies to the customer site, also check that the network switch on the port in which voicemail is connected is also configured for half duplex. Some third party devices are set to full duplex by default.
IV. If the problem persists after you have performed ALL these troubleshooting steps, gather the following information BEFORE escalating the issue:
• A copy of the IP Office configuration will be useful before escalating to your support organization.
• The username and password of the configuration must be provided to your support organization for testing purposes.
• Any trace codes or log files generated by the System Monitor application (if available).
• Notes relating to the result of each of the verification steps performed above.
• The customer's network diagram (if applicable).
Make the necessary changes to the NIC card and restart the computer. Test the same voicemail messages after restart.