Automatic System Answer Mode (#121)
Use this feature to determine how the system handles Automatic System Answer calls after the greeting plays. There are three available modes:
- Hold—places the call on hold at extension 10 (the light next to the line button winks green at extension 10 and winks red at all other extensions that have the line). The outside caller hears Music-On-Hold, if it is available.
- Ring—continues to ring and the green light next to the line button continues to flash at all
extensions that have access to the line. The outside caller hears Music-On-Hold, if it is
- Disconnect—ends the call immediately after the Automatic System Answer greeting plays.
To identify the lines on which outside calls should be answered by the system:
- If Automatic System Answer Mode is set to Hold, calls are placed on hold at extension 10; however, any extension with access to the line on which the call is held can retrieve the call.
- If Automatic System Answer Mode is set to Hold and a call is placed on hold for longer than the interval specified by Hold Reminder Tone (#127), the system generates a short Hold Reminder Tone at extension 10. This tone sounds at the interval specified by Hold Reminder Tone (#127) until the held call is retrieved, or until the caller hangs up.
- If Automatic System Answer Mode is set to Hold or Disconnect, you can intercept a call while the message is playing—the light for the call is steady red. To intercept the call, press the line button and lift the handset. The message stops playing when the call is retrieved.
- If Automatic System Answer Mode is set to Ring, the line button on which an outside call rings flashes green continuously, even while the system answers the call and plays the Automatic System Answer greeting. To answer the call, lift the handset. If the message was playing, it stops automatically.
Automatic System Answer Mode should not be set to Hold or Ring if the disconnect signal from the local telephone company is not recognized by Hold Disconnect Time (#203).