Automatic VMS Cover (#310)
Use this feature to automatically route an extensionís unanswered intercom and transferred calls to the Call Answer Service of the voice messaging system after a specified number of rings (factory setting for all system extensions is three rings), so callers can leave a message.
- Single-line telephones and system telephones without a programmed VMS Cover button cannot override this feature once it is assigned to an extension.
- To manually change an extensionís VMS Cover state, program the VMS Cover feature on a button with lights.
- Automatic VMS Cover also applies to outside calls on lines assigned ownership with Line Coverage Extension (#208).
- Users with Automatic VMS Cover turned on can activate Do Not Disturb to Send All Calls immediately to their voice mailbox.
- If an extension has Automatic VMS Cover and Call Coverage active, calls ring at the
covering extension after the specified number of Call Coverage Rings (#320). If the covering extension does not answer, the call is routed to the voice mailbox of the extension that activated Call Coverage after the specified amount of VMS Cover Rings.
- If an extension has Automatic VMS Cover and Call Forwarding active, calls ring at the
forwarding destination; they are not covered by the voice messaging system.
To change the Automatic VMS Cover setting for an extension:
- Press feature +(00)+(system program)+(system program)+#310 at extension 10 or 11.
- Enter the number of the extension to be covered by the voice messaging system.
- To assign or unassign Automatic VMS Cover, press D until the appropriate valueappears.
1 = Assigned
2 = Not Assigned (the factory setting)
- To program another extension, press (next item)or (prev item) until the extension number appears on the display. Then repeat Step 3.
- Select another procedure, or exit programming mode.