Contact Closure Operation Type (#613)
Use this feature to specify how long the Contact Closures remain active when they are activated. A Contact Closure can be activated for 1, 3, or 5 seconds; or the Contact Closure can be set to toggle.
For example, if a Contact Closure that controls a door lock has a Contact Closure Operation Type of “5-Seconds On,” the door lock is released for 5 seconds when a user activates the Contact Closure. If the Contact Closure has a Contact Closure Operation Type of “Toggle,” the Contact Closure must be activated and deactivated. One user can activate the Contact Closure and another user can deactivate it (provided both users are included in the Contact Closure Group for that Contact Closure), or the same user can both activate and deactivate the Contact Closure.
To specify the Operation Type for a Contact Closure:
- Press feature +(00)+(system program)+(system program)+#613 at extension 10 or 11.
- At the Contact Number: prompt, enter the number (1 or 2) for the Contact Closure.
The display shows the current setting for that Contact Closure.
- Press (Next Data)or (Prev Data) until the appropriate value appears, or press r to return to the default setting:
1 = 1-Second On
2 = 3-Seconds On (the factory setting)
3 = 5-Seconds On
4 = Toggle
- To assign the Operation Type for the other Contact Closure, press (Next item) or (Prev item), and repeat Step 3.
- Select another procedure, or exit programming mode.