Direct Extension Dial Lines (#205)
Use this feature to identify the lines on which incoming calls are to be answered for Direct Extension Dial.
- Assign all lines programmed with Direct Extension Dial to extension 10 or its transfer return extension.
- If a caller enters an invalid extension number or does not enter one at all, the call is transferred to the operator at extension 10 (or to the designated transfer return extension for extension 10).
- To intercept a call while the message is playing—the red light next to the line button is on steady—press the line button and lift the handset. The message stops playing when the call is retrieved.
- You must program a button on the system display telephone at extension 10 to turn Direct Extension Dial on and off. Use Direct Extension Dial Button (#113) to program the button.
- Calls that ring on lines programmed with Direct Extension Dial are picked up after two rings, as a factory setting. To change the number of rings, use Direct Extension Dial Delay (#112).
- You can set SMDR Talk Time (#611) to Active to include the Talk field on call reports. For an incoming outside call answered by Direct Extension Dial, this field shows the call duration minus the time the greeting played and the caller waited for someone to answer the call.
To identify the lines on which outside calls should be answered for Direct Extension Dial:
- Press feature +(00)+(system program)+(system program)+#205
- Enter the desired two-digit system line number.
- To assign or unassign Direct Extension Dial, press D until the appropriate valueappears:
1 = Assigned
2 = Not Assigned (the factory setting)
- To specify another line, press (next item) or (prev item) until the line number appears on the display, then repeat Step3
- Repeat Steps 3 and 4 for all desired lines.
- Select another procedure, or exit programming mode.