Distinctive Ring (#308)
Use this feature to determine whether calls should ring at a tip/ring device using the system’s distinctive ringing patterns–different patterns for outside, intercom, and transferred calls–or whether all calls to the tip/ring device should ring like outside calls.
- Change the setting to Not Active if a tip/ring device such as a modem or answering machine does not pick up intercom or transferred calls.
- If distinctive ring is set to Not Active for an extension with both a system telephone and a tip/ ring device, the system telephone continues to use the system’s distinctive ringing patterns, but all calls ring at the tip/ring device using a single ring burst.
- The system does not pass distinctive ringing patterns generated by a PBX or central office through to extensions (regardless of the setting for this feature).
To change the Distinctive Ring setting:
- Press feature +(00)+(system program)+(system program)+#308 at extension 10 or 11.
- At the Extension: prompt, enter the number of the extension to be programmed.
- Press (Next Data) until the appropriate value appears.
1 = Active (outside, intercom, and transferred calls ring differently, using the system’s
distinctive ringing patterns; the factory setting)
2 = Not Active (outside, intercom, and transferred calls all ring using a single ring burst)
- To program another extension, press (next item)or (prev item)until the extension number appears on the display. Repeat Step 3.
- Select another procedure, or exit programming mode.