Fax Machine Extensions (#601)
Use this feature to identify the extensions to which fax machines are connected.
- If you want to monitor fax machine status and make one-touch transfers to the fax machine, program a Fax Management button
- To prevent other extensions from interrupting a fax call, program the fax extension for
Automatic Extension Privacy (#304).
- Remove voice messaging system mailboxes from extensions before assigning them as fax extensions.
- If an automatic fax call comes in on a line covered by PARTNER Messaging or the PARTNER MAIL system, the Automated Attendant Service of that system can be programmed to automatically transfer the call to a fax extension or to the extension Hunt Group for the fax machines (if you have multiple fax machines).
To identify a Fax Machine extension:
- Press feature +(00)+(system program)+(system program)+#601 at extension 10 or 11.
- At the Extension: prompt, enter the extension to which the fax machine is connected.
- To assign or unassign the extension, press (Next Data) until the appropriate value appears.
1 = Assigned
2 = Not Assigned (the factory setting)
- To program another extension, press (next item) or (prev item) until the extension number appears on the display. Repeat Step 3.
- Select another procedure, or exit programming mode.