Forced Account Codes
When you set up forced account codes on the system, users at specific extensions must enter an account code before they can dial outside calls. Setting up forced account codes involves two features: Forced Account Code Entry and, optionally, Forced Account Code List.
This feature applies only to system telephones.
Forced Account Code Entry identifies extensions at which users must enter an account code before making outside calls. The account code can be used to charge telephone calls to a department or client.
- For Release 2.0 or earlier systems, you cannot dial numbers on the Emergency PhoneNumber List (#406) until an account code is entered at a Forced Account Code Entry extension. If a Forced Account Code List exists, the account code must match an entry on the list for you to get an outside line.
- For Release 3.0 or later systems, you can dial numbers on the Emergency Phone Number List (#406) without entering an account code at a Forced Account Code Entry extension. You can make 911 (999 for the Hong Kong Release 3.0 only) calls from the Forced Account Code extensions without entering the account code as long as 911 (999 for the Hong Kong Release 3.0 only) has been entered into the Emergency Phone Number List.
- You can enter account codes manually or by using System Speed Dial numbers, Personal Speed Dial numbers, or Auto Dialing (but not Marked System Speed Dial numbers).
- Automatic Line Selection does not apply for an extension programmed with ForcedAccount Code Entry; you must manually select a line or pool after entering an account code.
- Do not assign Forced Account Code Entry to an External Hotline (#311) extension.
- If a System Password (#403) is required to override dialing restrictions for an extension, you must enter it before entering the account code.
- If SMDR is used, the account code assigned to incoming or outgoing calls prints on call reports. If a Forced Account Code List exists, only valid account codes are printed on the call report.
- You do not need a forced account code to answer incoming calls.