Intercom Dial Tone (#309)
Use this feature to determine the type of dial tone that the system provides at an extension. It may be necessary to change this setting to Machine (outside line) dial tone for an autodialing device, such as a fax or modem, that has trouble making calls. For example, if you have a modem that checks for outside line dial tone before dialing, use this procedure to change from Regular to Machine dial tone.
Use this procedure only if an autodialing device has trouble making calls.
To change the Intercom Dial Tone setting for an extension:
- Press feature +(00)+(system program)+(system program)+ #309 at extension 10 or 11.
- At the Extension: prompt, enter the number of the extension to be programmed.
- Press (Next Data) until the appropriate value appears.
1 = Regular dial tone (the factory setting)
2 = Machine (outside line) dial tone
- To program another extension, press (next item)or (prev item) until the extension number appears on the display. Then repeat Step 3.
- Select another procedure, or exit programming mode.