Line Coverage Extension (#208)
Use this feature to identify an extension as the “owner” of a specific outside line, so the extension can activate Call Coverage or VMS Cover for that line.
- This feature applies only if you have a voice messaging system.
- Only one owner can be assigned to a specific line. However, multiple lines can be owned by the same extension.
- This feature provides an alternative method of routing outside calls to the voice messaging system for Call Answer Service.
- This feature has no effect on the CO Line Ownership procedure in PARTNER MAIL, PARTNER MAIL VS or the PARTNER Voice Messaging PC Card.
- An extension’s “owned” line is eligible for coverage only if Line Ringing is set to Immediate Ring or Delayed Ring and Line Access Restriction (#302) or Pool Access Restriction (#315) is set to No Restriction or In Only.
- Use Call Coverage to redirect an extension’s calls on owned lines to the covering extension.
- Use Call Coverage Rings (#116) or (#320) to specify the number of times a call rings at the owner’s extension before it is sent to the covering extension.
- Use VMS Cover or Automatic VMS Cover (#310) to redirect the extension’s calls on owned lines to the voice messaging system.
- Use VMS Cover Rings (#117) or (#321) to specify the number of times a call rings at the owner’s extension before it is sent to the voice messaging system.
- To use Call Screening (F25), the station must be the Line Coverage Extension for that line.