Outgoing Call Restriction (#401)
Use this feature to specify the types of outgoing calls that can be made on all lines at an extension.
- If the system is connected to a PBX or Centrex system and a dial-out code (usually 9) is needed to place calls outside the PBX or Centrex system, the control unit may not be able to prevent calls for extensions restricted to Local Only. If dialing restrictions are needed on Centrex lines, use Centrex restrictions instead.
- Outgoing Call Restriction also applies to lines that a user has access to with Direct LinePickup–Idle Line.
- To override this feature, users can dial Marked System Speed Dial numbers and numbers from an Allowed Phone Number List (#407) and the Emergency Phone Number List (#406). Also, if a System Password (#403) is defined, MLS system telephone users can enter it to override restrictions.
- You can program a button on the system telephone at extension 10 to be used to quickly change an extension’s Outgoing Call Restriction setting.
- If Star Code Dial Delay (#410) is active, the system checks for allowed and disallowed telephone numbers again, beginning with the first digit after the star code.
- If you want to restrict the use of star codes, include them in the Disallowed Phone Number Lists.