Outgoing Call Restriction Button (#114)
Use this feature to program a button on the system telephone at extension 10 to change the current Outgoing Call Restriction setting for an extension. For example, after a guest’s departure, a hotel manager can change the Outgoing Call Restriction setting of the room telephone from No Restriction to Inside Only so outside calls cannot be made from the telephone after the guest checks out. Conversely, an operator can change the Outgoing Call Restriction setting of a conference room telephone from Local Only (which prevents users from making long distance calls) to No Restriction so a client can dial long distance.
- You must program an Outgoing Call Restriction Button on the system telephone at extension 10.
- You must program Outgoing Call Restriction (#114) on a button with lights. This feature is not supported on a button without lights.
- The system considers extension 10 busy while you are using the Outgoing Call Restriction Button, and the telephone acts as if it is in System Programming mode. You cannot use other features or handle calls at extension 10 until you are through using the feature.
- You cannot use the Outgoing Call Restriction Button to change an extension’s setting while extension 11 is in System Programming mode.
- Rather than using an Outgoing Call Restriction Button, you can use Outgoing CallRestriction (#401) to change an extension’s Outgoing Call Restriction setting through System Programming if you prefer.
- You must use an Auto Dial button with lights to designate the extension you want to change after you press the Outgoing Call Restriction Button. You should use an Auto Dial button on the PARTNER-CA48 Intercom Autodialer. However, you can use an intercom Auto Dial button on the system telephone at extension 10, provided the button has lights.