Pickup Group Extensions (#501)
Use this feature to assign extensions to a Pickup Group. When a call rings at an extension in a Pickup Group, a user at any other extension in the system can answer the ringing call by dialing the Pickup Group code. The Pickup Group feature helps when a user needs to answer calls on lines or pools not assigned to his or her telephone. The system supports up to four Pickup Groups.
- You can assign an extension to as many as four different Pickup Groups.
- You can assign extensions where extra alerts (such as a loud bell) are installed to a Pickup Group to enable anyone who hears the alert to answer the call.
To assign extensions to a Pickup Group:
- Press feature +(00)+(system program)+(system program)+#501 at extension 10 or 11.
- At the Group: prompt, enter a group number (1—4).
- At the Extension: prompt, enter the number of the extension to be programmed.
- To assign or unassign the extension, press (Next Data) until the appropriate value appears.
1 = Assigned to group
2 = Not Assigned to group (the factory setting)
- Do one of the following:
-To assign or unassign another extension, press (next item) or (prev item) until the extension number appears on the display. Then repeat Step 4.
-To program another group, press (Next procedure)+ (Prev procedure) and enter a new group number. Then repeat Steps 3 and 4.
- Select another procedure, or exit programming mode.