Pool Extension Assignment (#314)
Use this feature to identify the pools that are assigned to buttons at a pooled extension. The
system uses two buttons to represent the main pool (880) and one for each auxiliary pool (881, 882, 883). You can assign up to five pool buttons per extension.
- You cannot assign pool buttons to extension 10 or to any key extension.
- The main pool buttons are always assigned to the two leftmost buttons on the bottom row of a system telephone. You cannot use Select Button (Setting 3) for the main pool (880).
- If you select Not Assigned (Setting 2) for the main pool (880) during Pool Extension Assignment programming, the main pool is removed from the two leftmost buttons on the bottom row of the system telephone at that extension. The buttons are then available for programming lines, auxiliary pools, or system features. If the main pool is ever reassigned to that extension, previous programming is erased.
- Auxiliary pool buttons are located next to the main pool buttons unless you select Setting 3 to choose a button location when programming.
- You can assign up to four pools to a single-line telephone, but a single-line telephone can make only one call at a time. To make a call, the user lifts the handset and dials 9; the system selects the first available pool based on the Automatic Line Selection programmed for that extension. Alternately, the user can dial a pool access code to make a call by using a specific pool.
- You should use Pool Line Assignment (#207) prior to this procedure to assign lines to or remove lines from pools.
- You can use Line Assignment (#301) to assign individual outside lines to buttons on a pooled extension.
- Users must have access to an outside line or pool in order to dial numbers on the Emergency Phone Number List (#406).
- You can use Line Ringing to identify when each pool and individual line assigned to an extension should start ringing (the factory setting for pools is No Ring and for lines is Immediate Ring).
- If you want to prevent a user at an extension from accessing all the lines in a pool, you must restrict the extension using Pool Access Restriction (#315).
- Remove pools from Hotline (#603) and Doorphone (#604/#605) extensions to prevent calls from being made or received on them.
- You can use Line Access Mode (#313) to change an extension from a pooled extension to a key extension.
- When you use Unique Line Ringing (#209), incoming calls that ring at a pool button ring with the pattern assigned to that line. You can assign individual ring patterns to lines within a pool.