Transfer Return Rings (#105)
By the factory setting, transferred calls return to the originating extension if they are not answered. However, you can program the transferred call to return to another extension. And you also can program the number of times a transferred call rings before it returns to an extension.
- Use this feature, which applies to all system extensions, to define the number of times a transferred call rings before it goes to the transfer return extension.
- If you have a fax machine or an answering machine connected to the system, set Transfer Return Rings to a number greater than the number of rings at which these devices answer.
- The system does not start counting the number of rings for a transferred call (to determine when it goes to the transfer return extension if it is not answered) until the transfer originator hangs up.
- If you program Hunt Group Extensions (#505), make sure this setting is four or more rings. This setting allows the call to continue hunting to other group extensions if it is not answered by the first group extension where it rings.
To change the number of times a transferred call rings before returning to the transfer return extension:
- Press feature +(00)+(system program)+(system program)+#105 at extension 10 or 11.
- Enter a setting (0—9; 4 is the factory setting), or press (Next Data) until a display with the desired amount of rings appears, similar to the following:
- Select another procedure, or exit programming mode.