Unique Line Ringing (#209)
Use this feature to assign a ringing pattern (maximum of eight) to a line for users to differentiate, by sound, which line is ringing. Once a ring pattern is assigned to a line, incoming calls on that line ring with the assigned ring pattern. Incoming calls that are transferred to another station ring with the assigned ring pattern followed by two “transfer beeps.” Transfer returned calls also ring with the two “transfer beeps.”
Unique Line Ringing is supported only in systems of Release 3.0 or later.
- This feature applies only to MLS, PARTNER, and TransTalk telephones.
- You can program single-line telephones for any ring pattern, but they ring with Pattern 1 only.
- You must program MLC 6 telephones with Pattern 1. If they are programmed with another pattern, they do not ring.
- Since only one audible alert can be heard at a station at one time, the ringing pattern present at that extension that has multiple lines alerting is for the line that rang first. Once the call is answered, the extension begins ringing by using the pattern associated with the next alerting line for that extension.
- Incoming calls that are ringing at a pool button ring with the pattern assigned to the line. Lines within a pool may be assigned individual ring patterns.