VMS Hunt Delay (#506)
Use this feature to determine when outside calls should be answered by the Automated Attendant of the voice messaging system. You can set the system for any number of rings, 0–6. Assigning more rings gives the operator an opportunity to answer calls before they go to the Automated Attendant.
VMS Hunt Delay is programmable on a per-line basis. In addition, you can program this feature so that calls can be handled one way during the day and a different way when the system is in Night Service.
- If you do not subscribe to ICLID services and want immediate call handling, set this option to 0 rings.
- If you do subscribe to ICLID services and want immediate call handling, set this option to at least 2 rings. This allows the ICLID information to be detected before the call is sent to the Automated Attendant.
To change the VMS Hunt Delay setting for the voice messaging system’s Automated Attendant service:
- Press feature +(00)+(system program)+(system program)+#506 at extension 10 or 11.
- Select Day or Night mode by entering 1 or 2 respectively (the factory setting is 1 = Day).
- Enter the line number.
The current setting is displayed.
- To set VMS Hunt Delay, press (Next Data) until the appropriate value for the number of rings appears: 0–6 (2 is the factory setting).
- To set VMS Hunt Delay for another line, press (next iem) or (prev item) until the line number appears on the display. Then repeat Step 4.
- Select another procedure, or exit programming mode.