EMEA IP Office Technical Tip
064: Unable to Playback Campaign Wav Files in Web Browser
*Release Date: 23 June 2005
VoiceMail Pro Release 3.0.13
Note: The VoiceMail Pro Web Campaign Server component is only supported on a Microsoft Windows Server Platform.
After installing or upgrading an existing Web Campaign it is not possible to playback a WAV file using the Web Browser.
When clicking on the WAV Icon in the Web Browser at the bottom of the Browser window the path to the Wav file may be shown as follows
This Virtual Web Server may however not exist in the Internet Information Server. By Default only the Campaign Directory is created.
To resolve this problem, create the necessary virtual directory on the Web Server as follows:
• Open the Internet Information Services Management Console, located in Administrative Tools Applet in Control Panel
• Expand the Server Name
• Expand Web Sites
• Highlight the Default Web Site. Right Mouse Click and Select New Virtual
• Select Next at the Welcome to Virtual Directory Creation Wizard
• In the Alias Window, Enter Campaigns and select Next
• Browse to the Directory that contains the Campaigns, select OK and Next.
The Default directory is as follows: c:\Program Files\Avaya\IP Office\Voicemail Pro\VM\Campaigns
To verify the path, Open the Voicemail Pro, select Administration Preferences General Directories Tab, and locate the Remote
Important Note: Select the Campaigns Directory, do not select any of the sub directories
• At the Virtual Directory Access permissions window, Check the Execute (such as ISAPI applications or CGI) Check Box, and select Next and Finish.
• Stop and Restart the World Wide Web Publishing Service using the Services Applet.
• Open Internet Explorer and establish a new session to the Web Campaign and verify that it is possible to playback the WAV file through the Web Browser.