Global IP Office Technical Tip
102: How to Transfer Avaya VoiceMail Pro Integrated Messaging
Service (IMS) User account settings to a New PC
*Release Date: 27 October 2005
The Voicemail callflows, greetings, IMS user accounts and other user settings can be transferred to a replacement VoiceMail Pro server PC with the following steps:-
1. Export the Voicemail callflows
2. Back up the Accounts, Names, Greetings Folders, and Custom wav files in a separate directory
3. Navigate to C:\Program Files\Avaya\IP Office\Voicemail Pro, then run Backupreg.bat
This will back up the IMS account information entered in the IMS Admin Tool to
VMPRO.arf, NETALY.arf, IMSGATEWAY.arf
The files are backed up to C:\%WINDIR%\temp. (%WINDIR% is the directory where Windows is installed)
4. Copy the three files to a backup device
5. Install the VoiceMail Pro software onto the new PC
6. Stop the VoiceMail Pro services and copy the Accounts, Names, Greetings Folders, and Custom wav files from the old PC to the directory on the new PC.
7. Copy the VMPRO.arf, NETALY.arf, and IMSGATEWAY.arf files to the new PCs Window’s Temp directory (C:\windowstemp or C:\winnt\temp)
8. Run Restorereg.bat file. This will restore the IMS user’s account information.
9. Start the VoiceMail Pro and IMS services.
10. Import the VM Pro database. Save and make Live.