Global IP Office Technical Tip
180: Microsoft Windows – Data Execution Prevention
*Release Date: 13 July 2007
Issues may be encountered when running CCC Reporting or Call Status application on the Windows Server 2003 Operating System.
• The CCC Reporter service may stop unexpectedly when servicing requests from clients.
• The Call Status application may not start and will display an “EAccessViolation” error.
To resolve these issues it will be necessary to add an exception for these programs in the DEP configuration options:
• Open the system Control Panel applet.
• Click the Advanced tab.
• Within the Performance section click Settings button.
• Within the Performance Options form click Data Execution Prevention tab.
• Within the Data Execution Prevention form click the ”Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select:” radio button.
• Click the Add button and navigate to CCCReporter executable. By default
“C:\Program Files\Avaya\IP Office\CCC\Reporting\bin\CCCReporter.exe”
• Click the Add button and navigate to the Call Status executable. By default
“C:\Program Files\Avaya\IP Office\CallStatus\callstatus.exe”
• Click the OK button to add these to the DEP exclusion list and reboot the PC if necessary.